F/T temp Procurement Compliance Manager required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
Purpose of the Role
The Procurement Compliance Manager will support the Head of Procurement Compliance in delivering a number of compliance measures including providing support to HSC Organisations to assist then fulfilling their obligations under PGN 03/11 Award of Contracts Without a Competition, preparing responses in relation to requests for information made under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and conformance checks in respect of PaLS and Trusts use of e-TendersNI. They will be responsible for managing and developing the compliance service at their Procurement and Logistics (PaLS) location, to fulfil their key role in the supply chain thereby supporting health and social care to patients and clients. The post holder will assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the HSC in NI.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with Directors, Directorate Managers and all key stakeholders regarding compliance related matters.
- Liaise with staff, and customers to ensure that Operational Service and Budget Agreement targets are consistently achieved.
- Liaise with DoH Procurement Policy Unit on matters relating to the approval process, monitoring and reporting of Direct Award Contracts
- Liaise with BSO Directorate of Legal Services (DLS) on compliance related matters
- Liaise with BSO Freedom of Information Office on FOI and EIR related matters.
- Managing the compliance service at their PaLS' location and deputising as required for the Head of Procurement Compliance on related matters.
- Supporting the Head of Procurement Compliance in providing a cost effective compliance service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends in the provision of Health Care
- Managing the compliance service so as to ensure appropriate advice is provided and probity is maintained.
- Ensuring, through effective management, that staff comply with Government legislation and all policies, including ISO standards, in respect of compliance related matters.
- Review key performance measures for the compliance function to assist in the management and appropriate resourcing of the function.
- Ensure advice provided is consistent across all HSC Organisations
- Monitoring and reviewing as necessary compliance and conformance procedures and advising amendments where appropriate
- Degree in management, business, law OR full membership of CIPS or CILT with 2 years experience within Procurement.
OR in the absence of a degree you must have:
- 5 yrs relevant experience in Procurement & Contracting (2 of which must include the management or supervision of staff
- Current full driving licence with access to a car - this criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
Salary £14.20 per hr
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.