F/T Temp (approx. 6 months) Area Business Manager required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide and manage an effective and efficient administrative and research service for the Operations Department.
Duties will include:
- Within the Operations Department monitor activity, collate returns and report where necessary on planning, Annual Reports, Corporate Risk Register, Action Plans and financial processes.
- Responsible for the research, data analysis report writing and supervision of the design and production of Operational NIFRS publications using multimedia desktop publishing packages.
- Assist in project planning of Operations Department projects, checking that project and organisational priorities align, assessing constraints, managing information, communicating clearly and monitoring performance. Within this context prioritise projects, allocating time and resources, within the Operations Research Unit.
- Assist with the project management of timescales and resources required for the production of Integrated Risk Management Plans including collation of information, design and production of yearly Action Plans, monitoring and reporting on progress including cross-departmental liaison.
- Contribute to the design and provision of a comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research facility for the Operations Department.
- Conduct and analyse research relating to operational service delivery, providing a non-uniformed perspective to NIFRS policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvements in service delivery.
- Highlight and report on research carried out by third parties and the analysis of large-scale data sets including lifestyle surveys, local universities and government departments.
- Contribute to the development of NIFRS Customer's Charter and have responsibility for implementing principles of customer service within the Operations Department including the efficient operation of NIFRS complaints procedure, conducting customer surveys, publicising standards and ensuring information is accessible to the public.
- Measure, monitor and report on customer satisfaction with NIFRS operational service delivery, identifying trends in performance and where required, assist with the review of NIFRS Customer Service Standards.
- Plan, facilitate and report on outcomes of stakeholder consultation in relation to Integrated Risk Management Planning, customer service and the development of operational strategies.
- Actively contribute to NIFRS Consultation Planning via the NIFRS Consultation Group to ensure that information / opportunities for improvement in consultation exercises are shared.
- Responsible for creating, managing and monitoring Operations Department information published on NIFRS website.
- Assist and manage in the development and maintenance of computer database systems to provide statistical information and other types of graphical material required for internal and external departments.
- Provide high quality written material and presentations on topics as determined by the Area Commander and Deputy Chief Fire Officer, communicating information creatively both internally and with other agencies in the Public Sector.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and support to all non-uniformed staff within the Operations Department and encourage and maintain high morale and staff motivation.
- Line Management responsibility for Health & Safety, Attendance Management, allocation of work, discipline and grievance procedures.
- Participate in the shortlisting and interviewing of non-uniformed staff in relation to appointments.
- Ensure confidentiality of records including personal information contained within the Geographic Information System, customer contact details, consultation responses and operational service delivery complaints in line with NIFRS Data Protection Policy.
- 3rd level qualification in Business or Management or equivalent professional qualification and at least 2 year's experience of working within a similar environment,
- Demonstrate competence in the use of MS Office Suite, MS Access and experience in the use internet.
- Experience of developing and maintaining database systems; in addition to an advanced capability of graphical design in terms of layout and graphics for high quality publications, map output and other types of graphical material.
- Proven ability to produce high quality written material, including reports and papers and effective oral communication and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate creatively both internally and with other agencies in the Public Sector.
- Well developed and proven research and analytical skills, including experience of producing workable solutions to complex problems within specific time frames and against changing priorities.
- A current driving licence or access to a form of transport that will permit them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Salary £15.51 per hr
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.