Diamond Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Facilities Officer on behalf of our sister company Grafton Recruitment.
An opportunity has arisen for a Facilites Officer to work within the Public Sector based in Newtownabbey. An excellent opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager / Officer to work within an established team
Main purpose of the role
- To support the delivery of a range of functions within the Property Services Section as set out in the corporate plan and the annual business plan, particularly in relation to the delivery of functional, safe, modern and efficient property assets.
- To manage staff, organising and monitoring operational aspects of the work and managing external contractors
- To ensure accurate and timely production of all requested information as requested by the Property Services section.
- To advise the Senior Facilities Officer and the Property Services Manager on current trends, best practice techniques and technologies in Property Services as well as regular, up to date statistics and management information.
- Contribute to the delivery of services in maintained properties
- Contribute to the continual provision of high quality modern building facilities for the end user by means of a documented strategic plan for the maintenance, refurbishment and adaptation of the building asset stock, and where required, additions to and deletions from the stock. To assist in the financial profiling and programming of this plan.
- Contribute to the development of annual objectives, performance indicators and work programmes in line with the Corporate Plan, best practice and the service's annual Business Plan.
- Provide specialist knowledge and support to contractors and to external organisations.
- Play an active role in the department's service improvement strategy and through involvement with cross-departmental working groups ensure that the corporate themes are aligned.
- Undertake all training and development as required.
- Maintain a current awareness of the main issues in developments relating to the service and evaluate/implement new technology to add value to service provision.
- Deputise for the Senior Facilities Officer as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties which may arise from time to time commensurate with the status of the post as requested by the Senior Facilities Officer and to assist in the proper administration of services.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Electrical, Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Have a minimum of 1 years' experience in the management and supervision of staff and contractors
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Additional relevant qualifications, e.g. Facilities management etc
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as BIFM, CIBSE, etc.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Beverland / Ashleigh Lyle will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.