Female Support Workers x3
Female Support Workers x3
Grafton Recruitment are currently recruiting for 3x Female Support Workers based in the Greater Lisburn area, on a full time permanent basis
With almost 50 years in helping people with autism realise and fulfil their ambitions, this is the perfect chance for you to come into an organisation where you will help others in a person centred environment. You will be challenged, but importantly, you will be rewarded and you can be proud knowing you have helped many fulfil their ambitions. While you are supporting others, you can be sure that you will be supported too.
The service operates with 7.5 hour shifts and you will support service users. You will be supporting 4 females who have varying degrees of autism, learning disability and epilepsy.
You will assist with support plans, full personal care needs, medication, and various appointments as well as provide activities on a daily basis. You'll also assist with meals and follow assessments for service users which include supervisions at meal times and support service users on a one to one basis, i.e. outings and shopping.
You will also follow the required record keeping procedures, including taking daily notes. All staff carry out household, cleaning and infection control duties, which might involve lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving heavy objects.
- Working, Voluntary, or Personal knowledge of providing care and or support.
- Be flexible to work on a rota basis that includes unsocial hours and weekends.
- Registered or agreeable to register with the NISCC on appointment.
- Full UK driving licence held for at least 1 year
- Be comfortable with complex and challenging behaviours as well as personal care
**This position is open to female applicants only. The lawful recruitment of a female for this position falls within the exception allowed by Article 10 (2)(e) of the Sex Discrimination Order 1976**
- Health Care qualification, or working towards this.
- Working knowledge in a similar role.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or equivalent, or higher qualification.
- £8.50 per hour
- Auto enrolment pension
- 30 days paid holiday
- Staff referral scheme
- Staff Birthday initiative
- Buddy/Mentor system for new staff
- Induction and innovative training specific to support the needs of individuals with autism
- Access to a free Employee Assistance programme with qualified advisers trained to help, 24 hours a day, any day of the year
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement, Health and Social Care