Field Applications Engineer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Field Applications Engineer based in Antrim.
To enable business growth via new business opportunities by completing engineering activities in the field, while maintaining a tight link to customer engineering teams and a direct link to R&D Engineering.
- Providing technical and project support in the Smart & Connected initiative for pre-RFQ / RFQ and advanced development projects
- Act as the main local technical interface for our customers
- Work with internal teams to ensure the company's roadmap is well aligned to future market demands, focusing specifically in the near horizon through to local sustaining support
- Capturing technical and project requirements to ensure products are developed according to our customers' needs
- Planning, preparing and conducting workshops & technical demos with customers
- Translating the customer product expectations and requirements into effective product demonstrations
- Preparing, conducting, documenting and assessing vehicle level testing
- Providing the wider organisation with technical intelligence including market benchmarks and technical presentation material
- Maintain direct links to the company Research & Development Engineering
- Maintaining tight links with internal, sales, marketing and customer (OEM) engineering teams to ensure our organization is always up to date on all relevant technical and project developments/status
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, with 3+ years' experience in automotive R&D, vehicle electrical architecture, and/or diagnostics
- Team oriented and flexible working style with strong self-discipline
- Strong motivation and drive, coupled with excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication, program management and problem solving skills
- Willingness to carry out hands-on work during the development of customer demonstrations and customer support activities
- Willingness to travel sometimes at short notice, typically 30 - 40% burden of role
- Experience dealing and negotiating with customers, preferably tier 1 suppliers or automotive OEMs
- Programming Skills (e.g. CAPL, C, C++, Java, etc) to create bespoke GUIs for customer demonstrators based on existing generic example
- Knowledge of relevant automotive systems (e.g. Telematics, ABS, EBS, ADAS, etc)
- Knowledge of wireless technology and wireless applications (e.g. TPMS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, etc)
- Experience with the electrical bus architectures of automotive OEMs including CAN, ISO11992 J1939, LIN, and/or FlexRay, and the use of relevant tools to test and diagnose them (e.g. CANalyzer, CANoe, etc)
- Programming Skills (e.g. CAPL, C, C++, Java, etc) to create new technology demonstration content from scratch.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland