Duration: Initially on temporary contract with potential opportunity for permanency
Supporting the Commercial Finance work stream of a cross-functional bid response team, the Finance Analyst (FA) is responsible for working on deals to achieve the right outcome for the organisation and the customer. This includes ensuring that bids have been costed and priced accurately and have been thoroughly prepared in accordance with policy and adhere to the published governance rules. The FA role may lead on some smaller deals with the back-up of a more experienced colleague or support on larger deals. In addition the FA will be expected to support initiatives that improve the underlying processes for Commercial & Bid.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid attention to detail; the ability to work under time pressures to consolidate multiple inputs into a robust cost model, and a desire to develop their skills in commercial acumen.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fully embrace the tools and processes that are required to be used as part of a bid
- Working closely with the Finance Lead, the role holder will be responsible for the Excel based analysis and processing of business case cost inputs, utilising bespoke/ad hoc spread sheet models, standardised Business Case Models and the bid evaluation model.
- Work closely with diverse bid teams consisting of technical, service design, contract finance and product specialists to understand the basis, underlying assumptions and drivers of inputs, ensuring these are aligned with the bid requirements.
- Gain the confidence and understanding, under the direction of the Finance Manager, to pro-actively query and challenge inputs to ensure accuracy and completeness, applying sufficient diligence in cost validation to capture material source compilation errors and omissions.
- Use Excel expertise to create dynamic cost models, building flexibility to present multiple scenarios and efficiently accommodate changing customer requirements (e.g. volumes, contract terms, product options) as specified by the Finance Lead.
- Ensuring all risks and issues identified during input validation (both financial and non-financial) are clearly communicated to the Finance lead.
- To provide concise and well-presented cost breakdowns and analyses to the Finance lead in support of internal briefings and Customer negotiations.
- Work with bid teams on commercial aspects (for example: delivery penalties, discount structures, billing models and cash flow optimisation, foreign exchange, contract termination provisions) and pricing strategy.
- Preparation and presentation (within market unit) of briefing papers and analysis ensuring decisions are taken in an open and honest way with full transparency of numbers and issues.
- Proactively support the ongoing programme of Continuous Improvement (process and best practice, training, knowledge sharing) within Commercial Finance
- Always be looking to Identify areas where improvements can be made and act upon them.
- Degree level (or equivalent).
- Finance or Business based degree desirable but not essential depending on subsequent experience.
- Professional Accountancy qualification with post qualification experience or MBA.
- Established finance background. Previous experience in bid roles an advantage.
- Telco/IT sector experience an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent English and local language a pre requisite, other languages beneficial but not required)
- Good data analysis and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable track record of making a difference
- Robust character able to operate effectively under the pressures of a deadline driven sales environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
If you are interested in applying for this role, or require further information, please forward your CV via the link.