Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Finance Business Partner to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £18.17 per hour
13+ week's £18.17 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Applicants must be qualified with a recognised accountancy body (ACA,ACCA,CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) AND have 2 years' experience in a financial management role within the public sector.
Applicants must be part qualified* with a recognised accountancy body (ACA,ACCA,CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) AND have 3 years' experience in a financial management role within the public sector.
- Experience of financial planning for an organisation with an annual budget exceeding £10m.
- Experience of using and maintaining an integrated computer based accounting system.
- Evidence of a successful track record of preparing financial plans and financial reports to a wide range of stakeholders.
Leadership and Management
- To provide leadership, guidance and direction to the line managed staff to drive performance to deliver against the strategic goals of the College.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of staff, in line with relevant College policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff within the function are working efficiently and effectively. To conduct staff appraisals, evaluate training needs, and where necessary to challenge under performance and support improvement through the application of College procedures.
- Ensure the service delivery meets and/or exceeds requirements for all internal and external quality assessments and inspections.
- To be accountable for setting targets, establishing and implementing performance management systems to monitor achievement of targets against agreed KPIs and operational plans.
- To commit to excellence in performance management and participation in continuous improvement activities by all support staff.
- Work closely with the Group Management Accountant to prepare the College financial plans, including the 3 year rolling financial plan (Income & Expenditure, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements) with a specific focus on the annual financial plan.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate corporate financial plans and forecasts highlighting potential opportunities and risks at College level.
- Assist the Group Management Accountant in the development and management of annual budgetary timetable, processes, and end user guidelines, continuously improving the budget setting process and accuracy of budget profiling.
- Develop and roll out budget templates and manage the returns and quality assurance process.
Financial Management & Budgetary Control
- Oversee the upload and maintenance of budgets at cost centre level on the College accounting system.
- Assist with the ongoing development and roll out of the College's framework for budgetary control.
- Oversee the distribution of timely and accurate budget holder reports and financial advice to all budget holders.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and professional accounting standards.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of information to support the annual accounts preparation process.
- Undertake financial impact assessments relating to changes in new legislative or service initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation including for example Department for the Economy (DfE) and the College Governing Body.
- Promotion of the concept of value for money and continuous improvement of financial management within the college.
Costing and Viability
- Assist in the analysis required to support profitability analysis for full cost recovery work, achievement of planned margins and identification of break-even points.
- Promote a culture which empowers budget holders and supports the delivery of value for money services, including preparation and interpretation of benchmarking information and key cost drivers.
- Support the timely preparation of robust business cases in line with Department of Finance (DoF) NIGEAE guidance identifying and quantifying costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions including preparation of Net Present Value calculations and affordability analysis.
- Undertake data analysis to support the Group Management Accountant to develop and implement cost reduction plans.
Undertake training needs analysis, develop and deliver training as required to staff throughout the College.
Business Partner Role
- Act as Business Partner for a number of Departments within the College, taking responsibility for supporting the delivery of all aspects of operational financial management, to include;
- Development of financial plans in conjunction with Business Area management in line with College strategic priorities, whilst providing a challenge function;
- Supporting budget holders to effectively carry out their financial duties by monitoring financial performance, undertaking analysis and investigation of key variances, development of proposals for corrective action and forecasting to year end;
- Interpretation of financial and statistical information, including support in preparation of budget holder reports;
- Provision of Business Case support /costing and options analysis / ad hoc financial analysis for decision making;
- Efficiency planning;
- Financial risk management.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland