Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Finance Officer to join their team
Role : Finance Officer
Location :Coleraine - With some travel to Limavady
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £11.62p/hr 13 weeks + £13.72p/hr
Hours of work : 37hrs per week Monday to Friday
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide a comprehensive financial monitoring and support service to the RDP Manager in the implementation, maintenance and delivery of financial control systems for the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 (£9.6million budget).
To provide up-to-date financial information as required for all LAG Board, Sub-Committee, and Working Groups as required.
To ensure compliance with DARD, EU and Council financial procedures.
- To prepare and provide Financial and Management Information in relation to Administration and Programme Activity, as required by Council, the LAG, DARD and Audit bodies.
- To design and maintain a computerised accounting system for recording transactions on activity for the Programme and capable of providing up-to-date information on all financial aspects of the Rural Development Programme.
- To update transactions, maintain internal and external databases (including the EU Grants database) and print reports on Rural Development Programme, as required.
- To advise other RDP staff with regard to levels and quality of records to be maintained by projects in order to meet stringent audit requirements of Council, DARD and Europe.
- To verify, prepare and process claims from project beneficiaries and members efficiently, effectively and on a timely basis, ensuring compliance with DARD Operating Rules and audit requirements.
- To be responsible for the preparation of monthly administration claims to DARD and monitor this budget to ensure adequate funds are available for the duration of the Programme.
- To prepare and forward responses to audit queries and general programme queries from DARD and other bodies. To retain and archive all records for audit inspection, as appropriate.
- To assist on the development and monitoring of policies of financial procedures.
Full Job Description on request:
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must possess:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs to include Maths and English Language (Grade C or above) or equivalent.
- A minimum of two year's experience in financial and administrative duties in at least one of the following areas: rural development, local enterprise, business, community, or another form of development.
- A minimum of two year's experience in each of the following areas:
A)Financial management of significant budgets, ie £100,000 per annum or above, of funding programmes
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver objectives.
- Understanding of public sector governance, accountability, procurement and audit procedures.
- A minimum of 6 months experience of effectively compiling and presenting reports; and the ability to collect, analyse, interpret and report on a variety of data.
- At least one year's experience of using a range of IT packages and in the use of Microsoft Office and its applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access in a work situation.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.