Role: Finance Officer
Salary: Circa £25,000
This registered charity have been providing specialist services and operating across the Northern Ireland for the past 20.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to Finance Officer on a long term contract to operate from their Belfast office as a result of a new project.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to gain niche experience with this charitable organisation during an exciting period of change and implementation of new processes. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Finance Officer will manage the day-to-day financial and administration activities in relation to the project in an efficient and effective manner.
- To work in partnership with the Project Manager in the management of the project budget.
- Ensure all supporting documentation from the project partners are in line with SEUPB guidelines.
- Assist and ensure all payment requisitions for project are accurate, concise and comply with policies and SEUPB guidelines.
- To maintain and update all relevant ledgers/ spreadsheets including SEUPB EMS database.
- Liaise with the Manager and external partners to collate and submit monitoring reports to ensure timely draw down of funding in line with SEUPB guidelines.
- Carry out reconciliations as required and validate the accuracy of entries allocated to the relevant SEUPB budget heading; endorsing that backup documentation meets SEUPB requirements.
- Provide reports in relation to all INTERREG VA Payment claims.
- Account for and reconcile payments received from SEUPB to ensure no penalties are incurred.
- Assist in process design and implementation as required within the INTERREG VA Programmes.
- To maintain the sales and purchase ledgers and all associated duties within the project.
- To prepare quarterly bank reconciliation statements.
- To prepare quarter end and year-end management accounts.
- To prepare financial reports as necessary for the Disability Action senior management team and the programme funder.
- To work collaboratively with other project team members, other staff within the firm and with staff from the partnering organisations.
- At least 3 years relevant experience using a computerised accounts system (ideally Pegasus Opera).
- At least 2 years recent experience of managing financial claims through grant management system such as the SEUPB EMS System.
- At least 3 years recent relevant experience of sales and purchase ledgers.
- Relevant experience of using computer spreadsheets for financial reporting (preferably Microsoft Excel).
- Experience of using a computerised nominal ledger, preferably using Pegasus software.
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadline.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- The ability to meet the travel requirements of the post - i.e. to undertake travel throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and to spend time away from home.
- Competitive salary circa £25,000.
- Contract role to December 2021. Potential for a further 6 months thereafter.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.