Belfast City Centre
3 Days a week
I am currently recruiting for a Finance Officer for our client based in Belfast City Centre.
Responsible, under the direction of the Director of Corporate Services, for the day-to-day effective and efficient management of the business's financial affairs and corporate governance, in accordance with Government Accounting Practice and accounts directions issued by the Department for Communities/Local Government Auditor.
- Operation of the computerised monthly salary system (SAGE Payroll) for , including BACs payments and submitting monthly returns to the Inland Revenue, Superannuation Committee etc
- Processing Members' allowances and provision of information to members for Inland Revenue Assessment.
- Administration of the business's purchasing procedures including sourcing suppliers negotiating prices with suppliers and advising on value for money options.
- Produce and issue all invoices and ensure prompt payment.
- Ensuring payments due are received on time and are properly receipted and lodged in the business bank accounts.
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements. Arranging standing order payments and preparing credit transfer information.
- Co-ordinating clerical/in-house services staff to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Maintenance of filing systems for finance section.
- Answer queries and correspondence in relation to day-to-day business financial matters.
- Maintain and update fixed asset register.
- Liaise with IT providers as required, SAGE and NITEC.
- 5 GCSE qualifications at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Experience in SAGE Accounts and SAGE
- 3 years' experience in a financial environment
- Experience of account reconciliation
- Experience of working within systems & processes to record financial transactions
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you would like to discuss this Finance Officer role in more detail please contact Leah McPeake now on 02890242824 and attach your CV for consideration.
*** Please note that if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered***