37.5hrs per week
£10.25 - £12.82
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant. Our client is an optimistic and ambitious organisation looking for a skilled candidate to join their team on a temporary basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the post-holder will assist in the effective and efficient operation of the organisation's financial management and HR information systems. This will include sales & purchase ledger processing, payments, bank reconciliations, compilation of vouching reports for funders, ad hoc analysis, and administrative support for HR and Finance
- Process sales and purchase ledger invoices, create/amend supplier details, run online banking payments, deal with queries from suppliers and staff, reconcile to supplier statements. Process expenses and credit card payments and ensure these are within policy limits. Follow up all financial queries in the first place with external suppliers, funders, and debtors. Forward unresolved queries to Financial Controller.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the procurement processes ensuring that purchase orders are completed, and correct authorisations are in place.
- Compile vouching reports for Invest NI on a monthly basis.
- Compile quarterly reports for staff gifts and hospitality returns.
- Input payments to Government Funding Database on monthly basis.
- Vouch expenses for Trade Missions checking these to policy, ensuring all expenses are allowable within budget and report these to Assistant Accountant.
- Assist in the vouching and checking of Screen Fund Development Awards reporting to Assistant Accountant.
- Maintain fair employment records system and maintain this for al staff and trainee recruitment.
- Record monitoring information for the skills trainees
- Maintain applicant register for FE returns
- Maintain leavers and joinders register for all staff and trainee movements in year for FE returns.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned.
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organisational, analytical and prioritisation skills, e.g. able to establishing a clear structure to your work to maximise the best use of your time.
If you meet the essential criteria please apply or call Leah for more information on 02890242824.