Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Finance Officer to join their team
Role : Finance Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.60p/hr 13 weeks + £12.37p/hr
Hours of work : 18.5 Hours
Main Duties :
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Finance Officer in the operation and delivery of the Accounts Receivable function including processing, validating, payment collection via Direct Debit, direct payment, cheques or cash in accordance with regulation and Council procedures dealing with third parties to ensure compliance with the Debt management Policy in range of invoicing, taxation, banking and associated matters.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Accounts Receivable section through close working contact with Heads of Service, other Senior Managers and project teams as necessary by providing solutions in relation to financial issues which will have an impact within the remit of Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the cash handling, invoicing and debt recovery functions to agreed timescales including the Accounts Receivable section's annual objectives and work programmes.
- Validate and process customer invoices and credit notes within specified timeframes in accordance with procedures.
- Establish, maintain and review accounts receivable management information and debtors systems in accordance with procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities of the role the post holder will be required to have the knowledge and capabilities to perform all duties within the Accounts Receivable Section, deputizing for the Senior Finance Officer when required, to ensure required levels of service are maintained.
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of applications, possess:
5 GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent including a Numerate subject and English Language
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, 2 years' experience in the following:
a) Working in a financial control environment with an understanding of local authority finance and the requirements of legislation and regulation in that regard
b) Working in an accounts payable section completing payment runs, producing bacs and cheques and dealing with suppliers.
c) Experience in the use of an accounts software package such as Totalmobile, sage or equivalent
d) Working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Alternatively consideration may be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 3 years' experience to include a - d outlined above.
· Knowledge of financial accounting procedures and financial regulations
· Good knowledge of summarising, communicating and providing complex finance information to non-finance personnel.
· Detailed working knowledge of drafting typing, formatting, preparing and producing statistical information and reports.
· Current knowledge of regulatory issues including legislation on prompt payments, national Fraud Initiative (NFI) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.