Location: Antrim Town
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Financial Accountant based in Antrim town.
My client is a leading player in the Energy industry. With state of the art offices and a culture of empowering their employees, this is a great place to work for someone that wants to progress with a company.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and Finance Director in the development and maintenance of the organisation's financial information systems, ensuring compliance with corporate governance and statutory legislation. Additionally, the post holder will lead in the delivery of up to date relevant financial information to facilitate the timely and accurate measurement of business performance against appropriate key performance indicators.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts including the preparation of key components of these accounts such as gross margin analysis, operating expenses and balance sheet reconciliations
- Development of the monthly reporting pack, and improving the quality of information and explanations provided
- Lead in the preparation of the Annual Statutory and Regulatory Financial Statements as well as managing the requirements of the external auditors
- Lead in the preparation of quarterly VAT and CCL returns, including payments on account and balancing payments to ensure the business remains fully compliant with all HMRC guidelines
- Assist the Financial Controller in the implementation of new financial processes and systems, particularly in assessing the adequacy of current systems and exploring and developing financial requirements for new systems
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for both the Distribution and Supply business divisions, including monthly reforecasting as required
- Act as a mentor to members of the immediate and wider finance teams, providing guidance and support
- Fully qualified member of the ICAI/ICAEW/CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience within a financial environment is essential (minimum 3 years PQE)
- Advanced PC skills, particularly Excel with financial modelling skills, capable of structured analysis of data, and presentation of results across operational areas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Well organised, with proven time management skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Proven ability to work at all levels within an organisation, creating and maintaining good working relationships
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in an environment which encourages support and progression.
Contact Details & Deadline:
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Leanne Mitchell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland