This global manufacturing firm requires a Financial Accountant to operate from their Craigavon site as a result of sustained growth of their business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join this firm during a period of organic growth with strong development plan in place for progression in this role. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
- Accounting activity including journal entries, account reconciliation, and financial analysis.
- Complete monthly general ledger accounts, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations along with resolving open items.
- Month-end closing responsibilities ensuring accurate financial results are reported on a timely basis as per corporate closing calendar.
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliation support: A/R, A/P, Intercompany Loan Statement
- Forecasting - cash and FX forecasting processes.
- Customer service: provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Assist in procedure development and recommend / implement process improvements.
- Compliance with SOX, standardized procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare government reports / census forms.
- Provide support when required on maintenance of master-data records for AP & AR.
- From time to time, you will be required to undertake other responsibilities / activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
The position calls for exceptional accounting knowledge, sound judgment, good communication skills, and a drive for standardisation. Partnering with the business units and functional leaders is crucial to the overall success of this role.
- Ideally you will be a Newly / Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CAI), however nearly qualified candidates will also be considered.
- Experience in accounting and financial systems (Oracle experience preferred but not essential).
- Experience of preparing UK statutory accounts, ideally converting from US GAAP numbers.
- Functional knowledge of general accounting processes and US GAAP.
- Strong understanding of UK GAAP and ability to prepare UK statutory accounts.
- Understanding of internal control elements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Highly competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Private medical insurance.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.