Grafton Recruitment are currently recruiting for an opportunity based in Antrim for a Financial Accounting Assistant within the Public Sector on a temporary basis.
Role: Financial Accounting Assistant
Rate of Pay: £13.72 per hour
Hours: 37 (9am-5pm)
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
The main duties will include the preparation of bank reconciliations, preparation and submission of grant claims and support the efficient and effective operation of the financial reporting function.
- To review the beusiness Continuity plans for the Fianance Department and advise managers accordingly
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts
- Assist with the fianancial informaiton to support calculations of performance indicators.
- Assist with the development and review of the systems in place.
- Perform reconciiaiton to the general ledger on a mothly basis
- Perform reconciliation of suspense account on a monthly basis.
- Review outstanding purchase orders, liaise with budget officers regarding queries
- Prepare Grant Claims and returns
- Other duties may be required as per the general nature of the post
- Be a member by examination of a CCAB recognised body
- Hold ard level qualification in Accountancy or Business/Finance related subjects and be currently pursuing a course of study of a CCAB recognised body.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with computerised accounts
- Assisting in preparation of finanical statements and preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Experience in relevant accruals accounting.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Bverland will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.