Grafton Recruitment Ireland operates across the island of Ireland with a turnover of circa £150m. The business has grown rapidly (organically and by acquisition) and now employs around 200 staff and pays around 6,000 temporary workers every month, operating from an ever expanding branch network.
We are recruiting for the new role of Financial Controller to lead our professional, friendly and enthusiastic team. You will be responsible for the production of timely and accurate financial information to help drive the business, whilst ensuring effective management of day to day bank and purchase ledger transactions.
This is a fantastic new role and opportunity to join an ambitious growing company, where you will have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business. In return you will have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
- Manage the accounting operations of the companies, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance and enhancement of effective accounting and budgeting systems and development of comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk.
- Work closely with operational directors and managers to ensure a flow of accurate and timely revenue and margin information.
- Provide cash management and overall cash flow forecasting to ensure effective management of bank balances.
- Manage team of 4 with responsibility for margin reporting, bank, purchase ledger and expense processing.
- Prepare and complete monthly management accounts for NI and ROI companies.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a regular basis to guarantee overall integrity of financial information shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Finance Director with the preparation of the annual budgeting process.
- Manage the year end audit and production of statutory accounts.
- Experience operating in a recruitment business would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in Corporate Tax matters.
- Fully qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- A minimum of 5 years' post qualification accounting experience in a commercial environment.
- People management skills to effectively lead the Finance Team,
- Excellent numeracy skills with first class data handling ability, including advanced Excel knowledge,
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Ability to Travel.
- £50k salary with attractive bonus scheme.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 10 statutory days.
- 5% pension contributions.
- Private medical health care.
- Great city centre location.
Closing date for accepting CVs is Friday 20th March 2020.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.