Financial Services Accountant
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 7 Financial Payroll Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Lisburn.
Role: Band 7 Financial Services Accountant
Rate of Pay: £23.65
Location: Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, Lisburn
Duration: 6 months
The Financial Services Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements and the efficient and effective management of the Accounts Payable and Employees Services teams, which include banking, cashflow and payroll; and the provision of related proactive, specialist support and advice to budget holders.
To contribute as an integral member of the Finance team to the provision of a modern, professional and responsive Financial service.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with Departmental and Public Sector Directives
- To support the Head of Finance in ensuring that the Employee Services and Accounts Payable Teams enable and support NIFRS service delivery model
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are aligned to the legislative context, Financial Regulations and best practice.
- To work with the Head of Finance in formulating financial forecasts and plans to enable service delivery.
- To provide professional advice and guidance to budget holders throughout NIFRS.
- Ensuring the expenditure is incurred and accounted for in accordance with NIFRS, Departmental and other relevant standards.
- Production of monthly financial reports to the Department as required.
- To oversee the Bank Tender and cash process and ensure that the relevant and appropriate contracts are in place for these.
- To manage the preparation of appropriate business cases, tenders and quotations in line
- Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as Accounting, Business Studies, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Be a CCAB Qualified Accountant
- Have at least 3 years relevant experience within a large organisation
- Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and Muriosa or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 24.02.2020.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.