MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation of the Fitness Studio and its associated activities/programmes; involving the supervision and control of members of the public using the facilities, enforcement of Health & Safety regulations and standard operating procedures.
- The post holder will be expected to achieve high quality services by the development and effective use of Council resources. Responsible for delivering continuous improvement that provides effective and efficient service delivery to the customer with strong focus on tangible outcomes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITLIES:
- Responsible for ensuring effective and positive working within and across the facilities, and within the Service in order to meet customer needs.
- Delivery of standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and knowledge of the emergency action plans.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and the cleanliness of the outdoor boundaries by using manual, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for safe and correct use of chemicals, ensuring documentation is completed as specified by COSHH.
- Report defects in or damage to the building, equipment, fixtures and fittings to the Fitness / Centre Supervisors. In the case of emergency carry out minor repairs where possible and within safe boundaries.
- One years experience working within a leisure/fitness environment
- Must possess a valid Level Two Fitness Instructor Qualification (with Gym)
- Experience of Health & Safety at work
- One years experience of cleaning in a work environment
Enhanced Access NI disclosure needs to be completed for successful candidate, hours of work are Thursday 8.30am - 3pm and Friday 3.30pm - 10pm