Our Client, a Large Public Organisation require Fitness Instructors based in Coleraine
Role : Fitness Instructor
Location: Coleraine Leisure Centre
Hours of work : Varies
Rate of pay: 1-12 weeks £7.83 p/hr 13 weeks + £9.16p/hr
The person appointed will be responsible to the Duty Manager for:
- Instructing and supervising the public in the use of fitness equipment.
- Discussing each individual's fitness objectives and preparing personal fitness programmes (if required). Ensuring the safety and suitability of each training programme, with particular regard to the needs of each individual.
- Checking and collecting user tickets for the Fitness Studio.
- Providing and maintaining a filing system for each individual's progress and target records, where necessary.
- Promoting and developing a general fitness programme.
- Advising customers on general and specific aspects of fitness (eg dietary control; other forms of exercise) to help promote their well-being.
- Cleaning all equipment and keeping the Fitness Studio clean and tidy (including polishing minors, hoovering, dusting).
- Maintaining and providing statistical records and reports as requested by the Centre Manager
- Assisting the Centre Manager with the promotion/marketing of the Fitness Studio and of activities and events related to the post.
- Organising special events in connection with the Fitness Studio.
- Attending courses and seminars regarding fitness and related areas as directed by the Centre Manager.
- Being prepared to work in other areas of the Centre as requested.
- Carry out and log all routine maintenance on cardio vascular and resistance equipment as instructed by the Duty Manager.
- Such other relevant duties as may be allocated.
Essential Criteria :
- Level 2 Gym Instructor Qualification
- Available to work shifts
- Experience of working in a leisure/fitness environment
Desirable Criteria :
- Possess a valid First Aid Qualification
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.