Floating Support Project Worker
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Floating Support Project Worker based in Belfast on a permanent full time basis with Monday to Friday, 9-5 working hours.
Our client holds 30 years' experience in providing care and support to 250- 300 people with mental health issues. With 70 staff and a turnover of £2.2 million, our client is professionally recognised, with their work known in the UK and as far reaching as the USA. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an ever growing and respected organisation.
Assist in the maintenance of a floating therapeutic project in accordance with the professional and administrative policies of the organisation, taking special responsibility for allocated clients.
The project aims to provide a participative environment enabling the client to gain increasing independence and to develop their full potential.
- Contribute to the development of, and participating in a programme of rehabilitative and supportive care.
- Contribute to a system that enables and empowers each client to contribute to the project and that promotes capacity for independence within and outside it.
- Assist in the selection of volunteers and induction of new staff
- Providing personal supervision to volunteers and/or less experience workers.
- Take responsibility for administration in at least one management area.
- Promoting aims and objectives through liaison with statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant agencies and informing referral agencies of placement opportunities.
- Develop close links in the local community and promote greater understanding of the nature of mental health problems.
- Attend local meetings and conferences of relevance.
- Participate regularly in project staff support meetings, own supervision sessions once a fortnight and training required for project workers with same level of experience and responsibility as well as develop professional expertise.
- A Psychiatric Nursing Qualification or an Occupational Health qualification or a Social Care /Social Work Qualification/QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care or a Psychology Degree
- 6 months experience working with people with mental illness or working with people with a learning disability
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Must hold appropriate current professional registration (NISCC, HCPC, BPS)
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED**
You will receive a competitive salary, annual increments, excellent staff pension scheme, child care voucher scheme, generous holiday entitlement. You will also have the opportunity to work in an environment in which you will be continually supported while you are providing support to others.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland