Floating Support Worker - Belfast
Floating Support Worker
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Floating Support Worker for one of Northern Ireland's most recognised Charities. Our client provides vital and potentially life saving potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year. Our client offers a wide variety of support to marginalised people based on ethos of acceptance and delivering services unconditionally.
You will be responsible for developing an individually tailored wrap-around Support Service, meeting the needs of people who are in their own tenancy. The Floating Support Worker will ensure tenancy sustainment, promote independence and link individuals in with the community.
- Addressing issues of social isolation and exclusion, facilitating clients' involvement in the community
- Provide practical support to make clients' homes habitable, e.g. accessing furniture, setting up utilities, dealing with minor repairs and maintenance
- Work with clients to draft and implement realistic Support Plans and Risk Assessments whilst ensuring clients receive an individual package of support that meets their needs
- Key work and review a caseload of clients ensuring that regular meetings and assistance is provided so clients can reach their goals
- 6 months experience supporting people with complex needs to maintain and sustain a tenancy OR relevant experience or skills that would be transferable to the post
- Current clean driving license
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Have a sound understanding of the benefit system including Welfare Reform
- Sound knowledge and understanding of housing related support
- Able to work flexible hours as required including weekend and evenings
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a salary of £18,564 per annum, generous holiday entitlement, pension and access to excellent training and continued personal development
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.