Our client is a cross border charity working to support people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. They are a values led organisation deriving our values from a Vincentian ethos. Their services can be split into 4 main areas homelessness and addiction, homelessness and vulnerable families, homelessness and prevention and homelessness and criminal justice.
The Housing First Service primarily aims to permanently house individuals with chronic addictions and provides comprehensive intensive support to ensure these individuals can sustain their own tenancies within the community through a case management approach.
Case management is a process of intense engagement with a service user with a broad range of complex needs (e.g. addiction, mental health, physical health or a combination of all) with intensive support requirements. Case management works to ensure that multiple services are effectively coordinated to respond to the needs of the service user. The case management process is led by the support worker, who coordinates and manages the service users support plan which is service user centric.
To be responsible for contacting social housing providers/private landlords to secure appropriate affordable accommodation and through referrals to external agencies put supports in place to assist with sustainment of tenancy.
1. To provide a harm reduction and low threshold service to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
2. To ensure that all service users have a service user lead needs assessment, safety & wellbeing plan and support plans that utilise harm reduction methods of practice and that these are regularly reviewed.
3. To offer advice and practical support across a range of issues including housing, health, safety, addictions and benefits.
4. To develop and maintain Support Plans based on the assessment of needs with agreed outcomes that are measured and reviewed regularly.
5. To liaise with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies.
6. To establish and maintain professional working relationships with all stakeholders and relevant agencies.
7. To ensure that all services are delivered to the service users according to Depaul's Quality Standards Framework.
8. To adhere to lone working policy, procedures and risk management protocols.
9. To approach the service users, at all times, with dignity and respect and ensure that they are provided with choices around the services they receive.
10. To ensure that the practical needs of service users are met in relation to funders requirements.
11. To assist in the development of the service's annual strategic plan, taking into account the views of staff and service users.
12. To be responsible for arranging regular reviews with the service users and all external agencies involved in their support network.
13. To ensure appropriate planning around scheduling of appointments, meetings etc.
14. To provide accurate records including statistical information when required by the manager.
15. To produce relevant reports as required.
16. To update all computer and paper based databases as required.
1. To ensure that appropriate paperwork and electronic records is carried out and that statistics are collated on a regular basis in line with funder requirements.
2. To ensure that all documentation is completed in line with organisational policies, procedures and protocols.
1. To ensure that petty cash procedures are followed and adequate records are kept in line with local financial procedures.
1. To participate in internal/external meetings as required. To avail of appropriate training and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
2. To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job related development and training needs, in line with your role.
3. To ensure that all policies and procedures are being adhered to.
4. To contribute to the effective implementation of Equal Opportunities Policy.
5. To adhere to the Organisational code of conduct in the performance of all duties within a low threshold environment and to at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the charity.
6. To ensure confidentiality and professional boundaries are maintained at all times.