Full Stack Developer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Full Stack Developer for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
The ideal candidate will be able to move from project to project and become an expert in the technology stack. Each project may have separate technology stack so adaptability is key.
They will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to the application design team. The candidate will also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
Temporary Role - Circa 11 months
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Analyse and validate computer program specifications, submitting questions or requests for program logic changes in writing
- Independently design and create program code that is structured, easily maintained, and conforms to department standards
- Prepare test data for trial runs; perform thorough program and application testing
- Maintain all compile jobs, code modules, and screens required to test programs and document requirements to move to production
- Develop and maintain all documentation pertaining to a programming project
- Provide clearly written application user guides for end users or system administrators
- Communicate to the Sr. VP-Systems the status of all their projects to ensure projects are implemented correctly and in a timely manner
- Comply with the department procedures manual, as well as, make suggestions for new standards and procedures
- Evaluate the scope and impact of a programming change or enhancement on the entire system
- Experience in Project management
- Experience in mobile application development and responsive web design
- ETL Development - SSIS, Informatica (or leading ETL technology)
- Strong development experience in .NET
- Strong development experience in SQL Server and database/performance tuning
- Experienced in using jQuery/jQuery Mobile/Bootstrap/Angular or other JS frameworks
- Experience with Hive, Hadoop, Python
- Experience with Cognos or any other BI tools
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Working experience in MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) and using the tool for continuous integration.
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Seismic, IBM WCM, Salesforce, and ExactTarget a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management- along with a wide spectrum of technical abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to develop effective internal/external working relationships with both business units and vendors
- Project management experience
- Relevant work experience in the Investments/Financial industry (FinTech) would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to complete market research for a new tool stack to provide an innovative solution to the customer.
- Experience in solution architect space will be a distinct advantage.
- Successful candidate should be able to architect, design, develop and implement innovative solutions
- Knowledge of leading opensource tools
- Have the ability to successfully learn and apply any new skills to a project.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland