The Client: Local Government body based in Downpatrick, serving local residents.
The Role: To undertake general grounds maintenance duties in public parks, landscaped areas or similar open spaces.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week (7.45am - 4.15pm)
- NVQ Level 1 Horticulture AND a minimum of 12 months relevant experience to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery. Examples: Strimmers, walk behind or ride on mowers, leaf blowers, hedge cutters and other hand tools
- In lieu of qualification, a minimum of 2 years relevant experience to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery. Examples: Strimmers, walk behind or ride on mowers, leaf blowers, hedge cutters and other hand tools
- Current category B driving licence
- Experience of working with grounds maintenance equipment while in the presence of members of the public and / or traffic.
- Experience of keeping written records for operational issues e.g. equipment defect forms
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in relation to:
- Manual Handling.
- Working with mechanical equipment while in the presence of members of the public and traffic.
- COSHH procedures.
- Access to transport to meet the requirements of the post; or have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full
- Available to work an average of 37 hours per week based on an annualised hours arrangement
- Current category C1+E driving licence
- Approved Machinery Operations Certificate
- Certificate in Chemical Spraying and Handling (Pa1 and Pa6a)
- Previous working experience with either fine turf or within a bedding plant nursery
- Ability to identify plant species and knowledge of their welfare
- Rates of Pay: £9.36 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.