Temporary Gardener required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Location: Musgrave Park
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Thursday (07:30-15:30) and Friday (07:30-15:00)
Duration: 3 months
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds by sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, removal of litter/rubbish, etc.
- To carry out labour associated with soil cultivation
- To carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties
- To load, unload and move equipment and materials
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition including the cleaning of garden tools and basic cleaning and maintenance of lawnmowers
- To carry out skilled horticultural/sports ground operations. To also identify, maintain and cultivate a wide range of plants, trees and shrubs and be able to take remedial action to control growth/pests/diseases, use of wide range of horticultural tools and sundries.
- To carry out turf and seed sowing
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts
- To carry out application of chemical pest control methods including calibration of sprayers and identification of a range of pests, diseases and weeds
- To operate tractor mounted equipment as required
- To ensure effective communication with other members of the team and line management.
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation to include the wearing of safety boots and high visibility jacket.
- Possess an NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture, or an equivalent relevant qualification
- Possess the PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificates
- Demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience in undertaking gardening and horticultural work and dealing with members of the public
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.