Temporary Gardener required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:00)
Duration: 1 months pending review
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, that is, sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, removal of litter and rubbish etc.
- To maintain buildings, that is cleaning (sweeping, mopping and dusting), movement of equipment and materials (tables, chairs and machinery)
- To carry out labour associated with soil cultivation, manuring, site preparation and construction.
- To carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties
- To load, unload and move equipment and materials
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition
- To assist in the development of horticultural schemes
- To identify risks in the course of their duty and take the necessary remedial action
- To carry out cultural operations e.g. the planting of trees, shrubs and plants
- To carry out turf and seed sowing
- To communicate with site users and respond to maintenance and information requests
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts
- To carry out application of chemical pest control methods including calibration of sprayers and identification of a range of pests, diseases and weeds
- To operate tractor mounted equipment as required
- To maintain appropriate records of work and inspections and complete basic paperwork as required
- To assist in on-the-job training and coaching
- To ensure effective communication with other members of the team and line management
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation, to include the wearing of safety boots and high visibility jacket
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience in undertaking gardening duties, safe storage of equipment and chemicals and dealing with members of the public
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.