Gas Service Engineer | Belfast | £21,000 (OTE of up to £29,000)
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an Emergency Gas Service Engineer to join our client, Northern Ireland's largest distributor of gas, on a permanent basis at their headquarters in Belfast.
You will provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with agreed Standards and Safety Procedures. The jobholder will also be involved with the installation, repair and exchange of meters and other company assets.
- Safely provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with company standard operating procedures and regulated standards of service.
- Undertake after-hour standby duties as per the programmed rota.
- Undertake all gas work in line with ACS, IGEM and all other relevant standards, in a safe and productive manor.
- Provide updates on all work related activities as required including documentation of all gas work undertaken and any unsafe situations encountered.
- Account and document all assets, materials and parts utilised in allocated activities.
- Maintain company provided vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE in good working order; reporting defects, accidents or loss when encountered.
- Comply with all HSE requirements of the business in order to maintain personal and public safety.
- Deliver first class customer service at all times, promote and sell the products & services offered by the client
- Maintain knowledge and experience by taking part in on-going training and development.
- ACS - CCN1 and hold an NVQ in gas installation & maintenance or NVQ Plumbing or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 1 years post apprenticeship experience in domestic gas utilisation/or heating & plumbing including diagnostics with customer service experience.
- Good verbal and written communication as well as relevant IT skills. A professional and flexible approach is required along with a full driving licence.
- Additional ACS Appliance qualification MET1, REGT1
- Gas Appliance service & maintenance experience
Our client is offering a basic of salary of up to £21,000 (depending on experience). You will also receive a £3,000 productivity bonus (to be paid in two instalments per year), plus on-call pay-outs which will take your on target earnings up to circa £29,000.
If you are interested please submit your CV via the link. Please note that only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be considered for this position.