MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To carry out cleaning and general attendant duties and assist with the maintenance, hiring and receipt of MMF beach equipment at Benone Ark including maintaining the appropriate documentation and records.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES
The responsibilities of the post holder will include the following:
- Be responsible for maintaining a high standard of tidiness, cleanliness' and safety of the Ark facilities and surrounds at Benone.
- Ensure a safe environment for the public by checking all equipment, fixtures and fittings within your remit of responsibility, reporting, and where applicable, cordoning off any defective equipment until repaired.
- Establish and maintain a good and respectful relationship with the public, customers and other members of staff.
- Adhere to health and safety standards at all times throughout Benone, and associated areas.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the Ark and MMF store and equipment including public toilets, shower cubicles, replenishing toilet rolls, replacing refuse bags, brushing and mopping areas within the Ark and other cleaning duties as may be required around Benone.
- Carry out litter-picking around the Ark
- Report all incidents/accidents and complete all necessary records/incidents sheets pertaining to the safety and supervision of patrons.
- Be responsible for the safe keeping of keys and the security of all stores during shift.
- Wear uniform and protective clothing whilst on duty.
- To undertake all duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- At least 4 months experience working with the general public
- Previous experience of working with children/young people in a leadership/supervisory or mentoring role.
- At least 4 months cleaning experience in an environment used by the public, including toilets and showers
- Good understanding of Health & Safety required in a public environment.
- Satisfactory references from previous work.
- Valid public First Aid Certificate such as St. John Ambulance or Red Cross Award
- Previous experience working with disabilities
37hrs per week covering Monday - Sunday rota basis
Health & Safety - Lone worker - applicants must be 18+
Full availability is required over summer period