Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a General Manager on behalf of our client, a company that facilitates everyday payments in local businesses, while also rewarding positive social actions with a unique City Currency. Powered by blockchain technology, our client connects people, businesses and partners, fostering a sense of community. The General Manager will serve as the primary point of contact and represent the company in Belfast by actively building, developing, nurturing, growing and managing the Belfast community and, building strong relationships with the city council and with community members.
* Lead and manage cooperation and communications with the Belfast city council
* Take the lead in building, launching and managing the Belfast City currency project
* Oversee the Belfast local economy's growth, keeping an accurate reporting on the core KPIs and metrics
* Find and promote interesting business development opportunities
* Work closely with the product team for feedback and product discovery
* Create and envisage new exponential tactics and activities to increase growth, and coordinate HQ teams to execute
* Interface with the press, influencers, and local policymakers in a professional, open, and collaborative way, to ensure they become close partners rather than external stakeholders
* Set up and manage the local office space, team, and infrastructure
* Any other duties role may involve
* Extensive business development and management experience
* 2 years of community, marketing, general management or operations experience
* Proven track record of leadership and management of complex projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders
* Experience working with government and/or municipality authorities preferably with Belfast council
* Background in big consulting firm is advantageous
* Experience in growth, viral activities, and complex marketing projects with hyper-local reach and exponential results
* Fluent communication and interpersonal skills with stakeholders of any kind: municipality figures, users, local businesses, influencers, tech entrepreneurs, etc.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to think outside the box
* An interest in urbanization, economic development, diplomatic relationships, and the peer-to-peer economy
* Familiarity with start-up culture and can easily interact with product, tech, and strategy teams
* Strong organisational skills
The successful General Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £45,000 - 55,000 per annum depending on experience plus bonus.
The General Manager role will be based in Belfast.
If you would like to discuss this General Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.