GENERAL OPERATIVE - REF 00016
Grafton Recruitment are exclusively recruiting General Operatives for our Recruitment Partner, INVISTA.
INVISTA is the owner of many brands and products that you likely use every day. As part of the INVISTA team, you can join in the development of innovations to improve clothing, carpets, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors, airbags and more. Our portfolio of global trademarks include LYCRA fibre, Coolmax fabric, Cordura fabric, Antron carpet fibre and Stainmaster carpet. Headquartered in the US, INVISTA has a business presence in more than 20 countries and is on the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, primarily for nylon, elastane and poylester applications.
INVISTA has set the goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance and we are looking for the right candidates with high motivation and ambitious drive to join our Maydown team for these permanent positions.
The execution of routine tasks within a production environment including:
- operating equipment.
- monitoring and responding to process variance.
- validating quality requirements.
- maintaining a high standard of equipment and work area cleanliness.
- 2 GCSEs at minimum grade 'C', or equivalent, in English & Maths, or 12 months' relevant work experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team, follow defined written job procedures and instructions, and undertake accurate data entry into a computerised system.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and provide flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to accept responsibility for safety by following all policies and practices.
- Successful applicants, who must be 18 years of age or over by 28th February 2019, will normally be required to work full rotating 12-hour shift patterns (nights and days), averaging 42 hours per week.
- BTEC qualification, or equivalent, in an engineering/science related discipline.
All the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
We offer a competitive xsalary and benefits package, including BUPA membership and a Contributory Pension Scheme and performance related pay.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receipt of CVs is Friday 19th April 2019 at 4.00pm.
The selection process will include a pre-placement medical and reference check.