Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require General Operatives to join their team asap.
Role : General Operative x 3
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : Monday to Thursday 08.00 to 16.00 Friday - 08.00 to 15.30
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 13 weeks £9.16 p/hr
Main Duties :
- To undertake duties concerned with the sweeping, collection and removal of litter, glass, leaves and animal excrement, etc. from public spaces ( including roads, footpaths and shopping precincts ) within the Borough to the quality standards of the Little Order by means of mechanical sweeper, manual sweeping, shovelling, litter and other appropriate methods.
- To empty all litter bins and dog litter receptacles provided by the Council en-route, and inform the Cleansing Supervisor of any damage to same immediately.
- To facilitate other service requirements where necessary, including refuse collection and civic amenity site duties. Any other duties which may be reasonably assigned from time to time by the Transport and Waste Services Manager.
Essential Criteria :
- Have at least 2 years employment experience in performing manual work where waste collection, waste disposal, street cleansing and/or recycling have been the primary duties.
- Have a good communication skills, with the ability to deal with the public in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Have an awareness/understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Possess a current full driving licence and be familiar with carrying out routine vehicle maintenance checks.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative.
Desirable Criteria :
- Have the ability to complete and maintain daily records.
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers.
- Possess a current LGV driving licence Category C+E (Old HGV Class 1)
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.