Job Title: German Games Translator
Location: Dublin South
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full time
The Client: Are you an experienced linguist or translator with a passion for games? Why not combine both in one dream job! Do you speak native level German and have full right to work in the EU? We could have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking a German linguist for and an exciting opportunity to work in the Games industry with our international client in the south of Dublin. They are a leader in their field and deliver high end translation to companies across the globe.
Do you want to be part of an amazing team and create an authentic experience for your users? Get in touch!
Based at our HQ in Dublin, this position is to be part of a team focusing on localizing a world-renowned MOBA game. Their main task is translate from English web publishing content produced by our client, and assure a high quality standard.
This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games.
* Native level German speaker.
* Linguistics background:
* +1 year experience as either freelance or in-house translator from English to German is a must.
* Educational qualification in linguistics.
* A gamer:
* Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing RPG, MMO, MOBA games.
* League of Legends player - Level 10 or higher
* Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in German and English.
* Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
* Working knowledge of CAT tools.
What you will do:
* Translate MOBA games content from English into German.
* Work closely with PM and German reviewer to ensure German projects are delivered on time.
* Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to their client.
* Collaborate effectively with German reviewers and freelancers to ensure high standards of linguistic quality are achieved for German at all times.
* Participate in maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guidelines.
* Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality for German.
* Help and backup the German tester and reviewer in the team when required.
* Excellent salary and Benefits package
* High level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
* An opportunity to gain experience with a progressive, growing and innovative company
* Multi-cultural environment
* A chance to do what you love and turn it into a career!
* Bike to work scheme
* Good public transport connection
Why Use Grafton:
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Charlotte Kobler on 01 4505288
Please keep in mind that only suitable candidates will be contacted.