Grants Coordinator // Public Sector // 12 Month Contract // €48k
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking to recruit a Grants Coordinator for our client, a prominent public sector organisation. This role will be offered as a 12 month contract, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion. Due to the nature of this role, it is possible to be based in any of this organisation's regional offices so location should not be an issue if you are interested!
The purpose of this position will be to take responsibility for and manage a caseload of grant programmes. The successful candidate will monitor project implementation and provide support and guidance to achieve the objectives of those programmes. The role involves promoting a credible and professional relationship with all relevant stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
- Management of and support to a caseload of organisations and ensuring that all relevant information is communicated clearly and effectively
- Oversee and monitor the performance of organisations against agreed project actions and milestones and expected outputs and outcomes
Provide regular progress reports with respect to a caseload of grantees
- Challenge, trouble shoot and help problem solve across a caseload of organisations.
- On-going liaison with other colleagues within the Directorate and across Directorates to ensure effective implementation of Programmes
- Provide feedback regarding specific supports, training requirements, identifying risks, trends and suggesting how negative issues can be addressed
- Support networking, exchange of good practice, and supporting the development of organisations through wider linkages networking
- Ensure good lines of communication are maintained with organisations
- Co-work with team members in Finance to ensure effective disbursement of grant aid
- Co-work with team members in the Monitoring and Analysis Unit ensure effective monitoring of funded projects
- Draft responses to organisations and project specific and regional specific information requests both internal and external - such as complaints, funder and parliamentary queries
- Help ensure supports are targeted at areas, organisations and sectors most appropriate to maximising the impact at a local level
- Identify the key trends and patterns associated with particular programmes
- Provide mentoring and coaching when undertaking a particular site visit or feedback to appraisal of strategic/business/annual plans and around certain issues of concern
- Issue of toolkits including performance monitoring dates, requirements and templates as appropriate
- On-going telephone and email support
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) or equivalent
- Experience in project monitoring and provision of project support
- Strong background in stakeholder engagement & relationship building
- Ideally have a strong understanding and experience of social inclusion
- Ideally have knowledge / experience of public sector grant processes
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes is essential
A salary in the region of €48,000 along with benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, January 15th 2020.
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the enclosed link.