Job Title: Grants Finance Officer & Programme Co-Ordinator
Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a Grants Finance Officer & Programme Co-Ordinator. This is a 1 year fixed term contract with our client a public sector body based in Dublin City Centre.
The Role: Manage grant applications, evaluations and processing of payments for a whole range of programmes. This role is part of the Legal & Contracts unit, who are responsible for the governance and control over programmes and schemes and manage the grant administration functions. The Grants Finance Officer/Programme Coordinator is responsible for ensuring consistency of approach and compliance with internal processes on a number of sustainable energy programmes. The successful candidate will serve as the liaison between the programmatic work and the Corporate Services Division, as well as with grantees.
Hours of Work: 37 hours Monday to Friday
- Assist in the management of the non-domestic grant administration function (from grant application to grant payment) and ensure compliance with scheme guidelines and internal financial procedures.
- Review requests for grant payment to ensure sufficient financial documentation has been provided to recommend payment.
- Identification of areas for systems and process improvements.
- Develop reports and indicators to ensure quality and timeliness of all aspects of grant management.
- Assist in the updating of application guidelines and scheme terms and conditions to ensure that appropriate levels of compliance in place.
- Input into the development of new programmes
- Provide life-cycle financial and governance support to the Legal & Contracts Manager and research funding programmes
- Liaise with programme staff to ensure effective contract administration, financial reporting and payments related to grants.
- Respond to all queries from applicants
- Grant closing activities.
- Contributing to audit of programmes and implementation of audit recommendations linked to grant management.
- A strong project management and effectiveness in leading, managing and mentoring teams and demonstrated ability to delivery projects end to end.
- A strong proactive approach to achieving results, including managing scope, time, risk assessment, cost and quality.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpretive skills with an ability to think strategically and use sound judgement on complex issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to represent in a public forum
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team
- A capacity to build positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders; to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively
- A flexible approach to problem solving and decision making to ensure the best solution is achieved focusing on the need for greater efficiency and effective delivery.
- Good numeracy skills, a strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to multitask, manage competing demands and work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well-developed IT skills
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate;
- Fully accredited professional qualification in Accountancy and/or minimum of five years' experience and proven expertise/knowledge in a grants' management role
- Degree level (or greater) or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Law or a related discipline.
- Experience of ensuring compliance to financial controls and procedures
- Effective staff management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong team-player skills and flexible
- Successful track record in delivering programmes, analyses or other equivalent achievements in a similar environment.
- Excellent salary on offer €60,966
- 29 Days Annual Leave
- Located in Dublin City Centre
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.