HGV Class 2 Drivers
Temporary Contract covering Winter Gritting (October -April 2019/20)
Various Locations throughout Northern Ireland
Our client, a Public Sector Body responsible for public roads, footways, bridges, and street lights, have a requirement for HGV Class 2 Drivers for Winter Service gritting.
As a Winter Service Driver duties will include:
- Responding to Grit Calls during Standby Shift, AM and PM times, reporting to your specified depot at a specific time
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and carry full driving licence at all times
- Completing vehicle checks - fuel, lights, oil/water levels - reporting any defects, accidents or problems encountered
- Operating a Gritting Vehicle for gritting or snowploughing on a specified route. This will including the mounting and demounting of the Gritter body or plough attachment to/from vehicle chassis.
- Cleaning, refuelling and parking vehicle after each shift
Hours of work:
- Drivers need to be available Oct 2019 - Apr 2020 for the 24 week season.
- Drivers will be on-call for 2 weeks in every 3 weeks as per the Rota for AM and PM shifts.
- HGV Class 2 Licence
- CPC / DQC
- Previous HGV experience
- Candidates are required to live within 30 minutes of depot to ensure response for grit calls during adverse weather conditions
- Candidates must be available to cover the rota from October to April for AM and PM shifts - the rota will be a mixture of these throughout the 24 weeks
Areas Requiring Drivers:
- Airport Road
- Corbet (Banbridge)
- Full training will be provided (2 days off site [this will be mid week Sept/Oct] and 1 day on allocated route [Sept]- all paid)
- Standby allocation will be paid for each week you are on Standby - even if you are not called out to work
- Rate of pay - various rates of pay for each shift covered.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Avril Granleese on 02866323300 / 07734394122 or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.