Grounds Maintenance Operative
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require General Maintenance Operatives to join their team.
Role : General Maintenance Operatives
Location : Parks and Nursery New Mills Road Depot
Hours of work : Full Time and Part time hrs available
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 12 weeks + £9.74 p/hr
Start Date : 13/05/2019
Anticipated end date : 25/10/2019
Main Duties :
- General Maintenance of public parks, playing fields, play areas, picnic sites, landscaped areas and similar open spaces as scheduled, including the collection and removal of litter.
- Undertake seeding, propagation, planting, mulshing tending and weeding of flower and shrub beds, pruning, grass cutting, hedge trimming.
- Use where appropriate chemical weed controls under direction of the charge hand, complying with manufacturer's instructions and COSHH regulations.
- Edging of paths, paved areas and flower beds.
- Report all accidents which may occur and report all incidents of damage to Council property/equipment.
- Basic setting out and marking of sports pitches.
- Erection, inspection, maintenance and dismantling of sports and play equipment.
- Record and retain detailed records of inspections in the format required.
- Undertake constructional labouring work and the safe operation of a range of assorted tools and equipment.
- Responsible to the line supervisor for the associated resources/machinery necessary to perform the work. Including safe operation, routine maintenance and ensuring same are kept clean.
- Complete all necessary paperwork e.g. completing weekly time-sheets; accident report forms/records vehicle log books, etc.
- Cemetery duties includes grounds maintenance works preparing and digging graves and back-filling.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
- At least 2 years experience in Gardening and / or Ground Maintenance Operations.
- Driving Licence ( Minimum Category B )
- CSR training or Grounds Maintenance Equipment Training (Lantra approved or equivalent approved ).
Desirable Criteria :
- Relevant Horticultural qualification or qualification in a similar discipline.
- Driving Licence ( Minimum Category C1 + E )
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.