Grafton Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Grounds Maintenance Operatives based in Antrim and Newtownabbey on a temporary basis for 26 weeks
Candidates should be available to start from 19th March 2019 with further intakes in the following weeks
Role: Grounds Maintenance Operative
Rate of Pay: £8.82 per hour
Location: Antrim / Newtownabbey
Hours: 37 Hours
Duration: Temporary 26 Weeks
- Ensure grounds and horticultural areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and following the instruction of your Team leader
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment required to carry out any duties relating to the post.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, grass cutting, floral planting etc and any other grounds or cemetery maintenance activities required.
- Undertake duties in the Nursery for example making up hanging baskets; sow seeds; take cuttings etc.
- Routine constructional labouring
- Routine maintenance of plant and equipment's including daily checks on oil, water, fuel, tyres etc
- Routine cleaning of buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms and community areas
- Inspect and maintain playground areas
- Ensuring Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
- A minimum of 1 years experience of horticulture work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- A full current driving licence to include Class C1 + E to enable post-holder to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes
- Hold a driver CPC
- A recognised qualification of competence for professional grass cutting equipment.
- Hold PA1 qualification for the safe use of pesticides
- Hold PA6A qualification for spraying pesticides using a hand held applicator
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Beverland or Ashleigh Lyle will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.