Grafton Recruitment are currently recruiting for Drivers / Grounds Maintenance Operatives based in Antrim/Newtownabbey for a temporary assignment for 26 Weeks
Role: Driver / Grounds Maintenance Operative
Rate of Pay: £9.15 per hour
Location: Antrim / Newtownabbey
Hours: 37 Hours
- Operate vehicles, plant and tools necessary to perform the duties assigned to the operative including council vehicles, mowing equipment, strimmers, compact tractors and any other equipment required to complete assigned task
- Ensure grounds and horticultural areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards
- Carry out daily checks on vehicles / machines / equipment ensuring they are maintained in good working condition.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations etc.
- Undertake duties in the Nursery for example making up hanging baskets; preparing cut flowers and other displays.
- Routine constructural labouring, including back-filling graves
- Routine cleaning of pavilions, toilets, showers, community areas
- Removal of litter and hazardous waste
- Delivery and collection of requested items, including erecting stands / displays when necessary
- A full current drivers licence
- A Minimum of 2 years experience of horticultural work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- A full current driving licence to include C1 + E to enable to the post-holder to drive a vehicle up to 8.25 tonnes
- Hold a valid CPC Card
- Hold a PA1 qualification for the safe use of pesticides
- Hold PA6A qualification for the spraying of pesticides
- Hold a NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture
- NPTC in use of Chainsaws
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Ashleigh Lyle / Karyn Beverland will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.