Salary: Negotiable DOE
Grafton are delighted to have been retained by a superb company seeking an immediate H&S Officer to add to the team.
- To assist the company in meeting and exceeding its legal obligation with regard to all health and safety regulations.
- To assist the EHS manager and team in establishing standards and policies of H&S in all areas of the factories, and to assist in their implementation.
- To advise and liaise with Managers, Supervisors and employees on all sites as to the necessity and implementation of these standards.
- To ensure through regular assessment and monitoring that the above standards are being maintained.
- Feedback non-compliance issues and agree actions to become compliant.
- Ensure practical risk assessments are carried out for all tasks within the company. Coach employees to complete good quality risk assessments and to manage same.
- Advise managers, supervisors and employees of their duties under the various H&S regulations. Coach good behaviours and mind-sets.
- Organise and deliver H&S training as required.
- Ensure company sets its employees and contractors to work in a safe manner.
- Set example for good housekeeping, mind-sets and behaviours. Complete safety inspections regularly, feedback and follow up on closure of actions.
- Challenge unsafe systems of work, advise on alternative SSOW. Ensure managers provide information, instruction and training to their team members including supervision.
- Maintain & update online document systems to ensure H&S documentation is up to date.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management
- At least 3 years previous H&S experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Knowledge of current and impending legislation and implications
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the credibility and energy to make an immediate impact at all levels
- Competent in MS office applications
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.