Our Client a Large Public Sector based in Ballycastle require a Handyman/Painter to join their team.
Role : Handyman/Painter
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Location : Ballycastle
Hourly Rate : £7.83p/hr - £11.13 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Undertake all building related functions which the employee is deemed to be competent and capable of and holds the necessary qualifications. Carry out general building maintenance duties associated with construction trades for example, flagging, installation of equipment, installation of street name plates, erection of fencing and general duties relating to joinery, bricklaying, plumbing and plastering.
- Assess requirements to undertake job and ensure that the necessary tools and materials are available.
- Paint walls and surfaces as required.
- Maintain all equipment necessary for the post.
- Report any incidents of vandalism and damage to Council property and equipment.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with general nature of the post.
Full job description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Time served trades person OR have a relevant qualification i.e NVQ Level 2 in Decorative Occupations.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience working within a trade/construction environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate daily records.
- Awareness and understanding of Health and Safety Issues.
- Be available to work outside normal working hours to include evenings, weekends, Bank and Public Holidays as required.
- Full Driving Licence.
Desirable Criteria :
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within a trade /construction environment.
- Health and Safety qualification.
If you are interested and meet all Essential Criteria please apply via the link.