Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation requires a temporary Handyperson/Painter to start as soon as possible for a temporary assignment expected to last 12 weeks with possible extension.
Pay rate: £7.38 - £7.83p/h
Hours: 36 hours per week (Monday - Thursday, 8am-4pm and Friday, 8am-2pm)
· A minimum of 1 year's experience in all types of labouring working and building repairs
· Good working knowledge of all aspects of the building trade
· Good team, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to keep clear, accurate records
· Knowledge of health and safety in relation to the industry
· Must hold a full, current driving licence
· Must hold a current Construction Skills Registration card
· Comfortable working at heights
· Satisfactory level of general fitness due to manual handling
- Painting internally and externally, skirting boards, ceilings, walls etc.
- Must be conscientious - i.e. must move furniture and not paint around
- Carrying out general maintenance, including for example, building and site repairs, laying concrete, kerbing, fencing, painting and safety matting repairs.
- Must be prepared to work in potentially unpleasant conditions/carry out potential unpleasant operations e.g. graffiti removal and dead animal removal.
- Use of communication systems (e.g. mobile phones) particularly for emergency calls.
- Completion of forms e.g. time sheets, works request forms indicating materials used/required, times, work undertaken etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime when available (including public or bank holidays).
- Must be prepared to attend emergency calls outside of normal working hours, if available.
- Must be prepared to attend training courses (including practical/exam/tests) as deemed necessary and accept all highlighted responsibilities.
- Performing all duties in a safe and proper manner and complying with Health and safety policies in accordance with the Health and Safety at work (NI) Order 1978, subsequent and other relevant legislation, and Risk Assessments to ensure safe and proper working environment for self, all employees, outside contractors and members of the public. This includes the use/wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for driving of vans and lorries, carrying out recording daily vehicle inspection procedure on allocated vehicle, and completing records/defects sheets. Keeping vehicle tidy and cleaned once a week.
- Assistance to all trades (e.g. electrician, joiner, bricklayer, plumber, plasterer and excavator).
- Responsible for safe scaffold erection and dismantling.
- Assist in the erection and dismantling of items, fittings and equipment for special events
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, we will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION MAY CLOSE VERY QUICKLY HOWEVER WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.