Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Approving all dishes before they are delivered to the guests
- To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
- To maintain all of the kitchen areas, including stores, food service areas, wash up area, staff areas and equipment.
- To ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved to at all times
- To have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service
- To achieve food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage.
- To actively participate in the ongoing management and development of menus
- Weekly reports will be provided to aid and support monthly progress.
- Stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and food is produced so not to contribute to wastage.
- To be responsible for the actions and discipline of all Chefs/Cooks that you are line manager of
- To participate in the management meetings.
- To maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence
- Ensure day dotting is carried out as per HACCP
- Hold 1/4rly meetings (as part of the team meeting) to discuss new ideas.
- Take every opportunity to discuss ideas with customers and obtain constructive feedback
Hours: 45 hours per week
Salary: £32k per annum
To apply for this role please click apply or send your cv to Caitriona McKerr on email@example.com
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.