This expanding energy firm are one of Northern Ireland leading electricity providers. Grafton Specialist Team is working with them to recruit a Head of Compliance to operate form their Derry office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced compliance professional to take on this senior role where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
You will be responsible for a team of compliance analysts and officers. You will be afforded autonomy over the development and delivery of strategy to ensure a consistent and risk-based compliance framework is adopted across the business.
- Lead development & delivery of energy retail market regulatory compliance strategy for the group.
- Oversee delivery of consistent advice, guidance, training and assurance on existing and forthcoming obligations under the energy regulatory framework to Senior Management.
- Oversee internal and any external audit activities across all departments to ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and active.
- Assess existing and forthcoming energy regulatory license obligations to determine and co-ordinate appropriate mitigation actions across the retail businesses.
- Assist all relevant back office departments with implementation of IT regulatory market design changes as deemed necessary from time to time by the relevant authorities.
- Oversee development of responses to retail compliance related investigations and regulatory consultations in a timely manner on a continual basis.
- Manage a team of compliance staff, allocate responsibilities and departmental resources.
- Proactively inform, develop and promote energy regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports on regulatory performance and other necessary reports to meet Licence conditions and also manage and maintain an information asset register related to all regulatory matters for the group.
- Represent company retail and compliance interests at external events/meetings and with relevant external bodies.
- Minimum of 5 years' related compliance experience, ideally with knowledge of compliance laws, rules, and regulations within the energy industry, however experience in a regulated environment (Banking, Insurance) will be considered.
- Experienced leader - capable of managing complexity.
- Able to communicate complex issues simply and concisely, both verbally and written.
- Autonomous worker willing to take responsibility for their own decisions and challenge the senior management team.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proficient in working to tight deadlines.
- Full driving licence & willingness to travel to other locations as and when required.
- Positive, can-do attitude grounded in integrity and quality-focused approach to work.
- Highly competitive salary, negotiable DOE.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.