Head of Retail Sales
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Head of Retail Sales on behalf of a leading supplier to the construction industry. The Head of Retail Sales will effectively manage and lead the showroom and staff. The Head of Retail Sales will also have full responsibility for developing and growing sales, profitability and standards. There will be a clear focus on delivering a high standard of customer service and exceeding budgeted sales, as well as working with the marketing department to implement all relevant marketing initiatives for this sector of the business.
- Act and contribute as a member of the Management team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the business strategy.
- Develop and deliver an appropriate sales and marketing strategy to underpin the delivery of the business objectives within showroom.
- Adjust the Strategy to meet business and market requirements as well as identifying new market opportunities and key sales trends.
- Maximise the win-rate of open opportunities by ensuring pro-active follow ups are being carried out by the showroom team in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage the performance of the showroom sales team through ensuring the team are focused on maximising sales of key products and improving customer service. Ensure the team have an in depth and fluent knowledge of the product range in order to advise customers on the best products and solutions to meet their needs.
- Develop appropriate KPIs in conjunction with direct report and monitor these against objectives.
- Regularly and accurately report the performance of the showroom team against budget and the chosen KPIs to the Commercial Director.
- Coach, mentor and train the team with the aim of improving the selling techniques within the team and ensure they are living company Vision, Mission and Values.
- Ensure literature and price lists are accurate, up-to-date and available at all times. Also assist with stock management of sundry products brought into the business.
- Be part of the development of the product range by identifying new products and auxiliary products that will characterise the concept and identify products that should be discontinued.
- Promote excellent communication with team members, including regular updates on key initiatives, and issues affecting performance.
- Implement a system of performance, including conducting probation reviews and management of all team members, ensuring that under-performance is addressed and corrected.
- Maintain an up to date industrial and commercial knowledge of competitors, products and prices.
- Any other duties and tasks commensurate with the role and/or as required by the Directors of the company within the Manger's capabilities.
- Third level qualification
- Extensive experience of using MS Office
- Have a proven leadership background with 5 years experience working in a retail environment
- Experience of managing people to achieve effective results
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Good knowledge of the retail industry and consumer profile
- Ambitious, determined with excellent communication skills and a desire to perform and progress
- Strong leadership and management skills with a passion for people as well as the ability to engage stakeholders from the shop floor through to directors
- Sharp sense of commercial awareness, skilled negotiator and problem solver
- Superior organisation skills
- Experience of MS Dynamics AX
- 3 years' experience in the building or manufacturing industry
- In-depth knowledge of hard landscaping products
The successful Head of Retail Sales will enjoy a competitive salary circa £40,000 depending on experience plus commission.
The Head of Retail Sales role will be based in County Tyrone.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland