Health and Safety Advisor
Grafton recruitment is delighted to be assisting our client in their search for an experienced health and safety Advisor.
Have you a minimum 3 years experience as a H&S advisor within a manufacturing or engineering environment?
Are you looking for the next stage in your health and safety career?
Have you the energy and character to make an impact?
Would you like to work for one of the largest, family owned, pharmaceutical companies in the world?
- To assist the company in meeting and exceeding its legal obligation with regard to all health and safety regulations.
- To assist the EHS manager and team in establishing standards and policies of H&S in all areas of the factories, and to assist in their implementation. (Policy setting)
- To advise and liaise with Managers, Supervisors and employees on all sites as to the necessity and implementation of these standards. (Communicating & Training)
- To ensure through regular assessment and monitoring that the above standards are being maintained. (Audit & Inspection)
- Feedback non-compliance issues and agree actions to become compliant. (Discipline and Enforcement)
- Ensure practical risk assessments are carried out for all tasks within the company. Coach employees to complete good quality risk assessments and to manage same.
- Coach good behaviours and mind-sets.
- Advise managers, supervisors and employees of their duties under the various H&S regulations.
- Organise and deliver H&S training as required.
- Ensure company sets its employees and contractors to work in a safe manner.
- Set example for good housekeeping, mind-sets and behaviours. Complete safety inspections regularly, feedback and follow up on closure of actions.
- Challenge unsafe systems of work, advise on alternative SSOW. Ensure managers provide information, instruction and training to their team members including supervision.
- Maintain & update online document systems to ensure H&S documentation is up to date.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- At least 3 years previous H&S experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Knowledge of current and impending legislation and implications
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the credibility and energy to make an immediate impact at all levels
- Competent in MS office applications
- Supervisory qualification or experience
Shifts - Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience
Why use Grafton ?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.