Health & Safety Manager (Manufacturing)
Location: County Antrim
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and market leading pension.
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Health & Safety Manager for a leading, global manufacturing/engineering business based in County Antrim. The business has a huge global presence and is very much considered an advanced, forward thinking engineering business.
Responsible for the design, implementation and continuous improvement of all health, safety and environmental activities, ensuring the Company retains accreditation to the relevant standards .
- Develop, implement, monitor and communicate all health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures, ensuring these meet legal, organizational and customer requirements and conform to the relevant standards (OHSAS 18001, COSHH, ISO14001)
- Maintain records for ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and third party audits
- Lead all HSE activities
- Coordinate accident and incident investigations and reports, carry out trend/root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Conduct risk and COSHH assessments, occupational H&S monitoring and environmental impact assessments to ensure compliance with regulations and best practice
- Co-ordinate Permit to Work and Contractor systems, ensuring all relevant documents are up to date
- Develop targets, and monitor and report on HSE performance to management on a regular basis
- Liaise closely with global offices on improvement plans, accident details and HSE performance
- Responsible for Company preparations for internal and external HSE audits, and liaising with management to continuously improve the systems
- Emergency preparedness and response: organize and carry out emergency evacuations, organize the provision of suitable fire protection equipment, First Aid and spill response supplies
- Provide information, advice and support to drive a strong HSE culture across the site, develop and deliver HSE training/induction programs and carry out relevant knowledge tests
- Prepare required reports on HSE activities for external bodies, the insurers and management
- Comply with the Company HSE policies and requirements of the relevant Management Systems both in normal and emergency situations
- Develop and implement continuous improvements in HSE procedures and practices
- Participate with team working and information sharing
- Keep abreast of HSE and Energy legislation and advise management of requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- NEBOSH qualification
- 3 years' experience in an Health & Safety management role
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with Health, Safety & Environmental standards, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience within an engineering/ manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools/techniques
- Involvement in the accreditation process for safety and environmental standards
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 40k per annum depending on experience
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.