Our client a leading meat producer is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team in Roscommon
The Health & Safety Manager reports to the Site Manager and is solely responsible for the Environmental Health and Safety function. The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing development and implementation of improved Health and Safety practices, policies and procedures on the site. Ensure full compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety legislation
- Enforce the effective operation of Safety and Health practices and policies in conjunction Business Unit Managers
- Develop and budget with the Site Manager effective Training policies for implementation on the site.
- Facilitate, support and advise the Site Risk Management teams. Chair the Site Safety meetings to update all business unit managers on developments at site level.
- Ensure all personnel are fully safety trained and competent for the role.
- Assist business unit Managers undertake Risk Assessments for all operations on site.
- Review Risk Assessments on a regular basis.
- Implement Internal Audit processes at site level and measure performance and action planning.
- A written safety report will be presented each month to the site manager for discussion with the Site H&S team identifying areas of risk, concern and recommendations for implementation on site.
- Undertake regular unscheduled Safety audits on the site to ensure compliance with Group policy.
- Enforce policy by identifying breaches and reporting to the Site Manager and the Group Health and Safety Manager
- Liaise with HSA and other outside agencies in relation to H&S matters including reporting, auditing and ensuring recommendations and guidelines are fully complied with.
- Ideally should hold a Diploma in Safety and Health from a University or equivalent IOSH qualification.
- Background in safety and health ideally food and / or manufacturing environments.
- 3+ years post qualification experience.
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives and ability to challenge status quo.
- Strong IT sills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and other common software tools.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in a Training environment would be beneficial.
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer.
- Excellent location in Roscommon
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.