Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Officer for our client based in Dublin.
Our client is a leading Property Development Company and is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join there team. They are currently working on projects to design and build a portfolio of over 10,000 new homes. The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for the implementation of our client's safety management system, and will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager. Our client requires an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
- Work as part of our clients Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Strive to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of our clients Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H & S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Identify training needs on site for personnel and contractors
- Experience in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
- Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
- Excellent salary on offer 45-55K depending on experience
- All sites based in Dublin
- Huge opportunity for Career growth
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or our office on 01 4505288.