Grafton Specialist has been retained by our client, a leading high quality food manufacturer of branded and own label products. They have established an enviable reputation in recent years as an innovator, creating ground-breaking products for the retail and food service sectors.
Our client's culture places a strong emphasis on people, their employees are the most valuable resource, enabling them to innovate and maintain a competitive position in the marketplace. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to start a long term career with an excellent forward thinking organisation.
- Responsible for providing Support to the H&S Manager and for providing advice and guidance on a range of H&S issues taking action where necessary
- Assist in the production, development and monitoring of H&S policies and procedures across a multi site organisation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and standards
- Carry out Health and Safety audits, inspections and investigations and reporting findings to the Health and Safety Manager and Site / Departmental Managers
- Carry out risk assessments and report the findings to relevant parties
- Organise and deliver meetings and training as required
- Deliver inductions and preliminary training for new staff / external contractors.
- Working with staff to develop, support, encourage and embed a positive culture towards excellence in all H&S matters
- Prepare and provide reports as required, and update the H&S Management system
- Ideally educated to degree level in any discipline combined with NEBOSH General Certificate
- Minimum of two years experience in an Operational Health and Safety role
- Experience working in the food manufacturing industry is desirable
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels in the business
- Full driving license and access to a car as you will be required to travel to other sites
- Positive and proactive professional approach to safety
- Self starter with the ability to work on own initiative and complete tasks without the need for reminders
- Ability to remain confidential at all times
- Excellent team working skills
- Willing to be flexible and travel at short notice
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills
Excellent salary and package on offer please get in touch for further information.
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 / 07407734088 or submit your CV via the link
Why use Grafton ?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.