Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer for our client based in Dublin 22
Our client is a leading FMCG Company is looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Officer for a large site based in Dublin 22.
The Role :
- Overseeing & implementing all Health and Safety aspects within a fast paced environment.
- Assist and guide our client in the development and implementation of industry leading strategies, action plans, polices, standards and initiatives to minimise risk and maximise health and safety performance
- Establish effective work relationships with our clients management team and stakeholders
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation and to alert such changes to the team on areas that will impact the business
- Provide technical advice on all relevant H&S issues
- Accident investigation and identification of corrective and preventative actions. Statutory reporting of accidents to regulatory bodies.
- To drive the development of a strong EHS culture targeting 'Zero Harm'
- Lead health and H&S steering committee meetings, generating reports for senior management
- Maintain the Emergency Response Plan, Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan and ensure it is up to date
- Undertake or advise on workplace safety and environmental risk assessments and reviews in accordance with legislation determining appropriate action and priorities
- To drive the development of a strong safety culture onsite
- Conduct inspections/audits of the site, prepare reports and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Provide appropriate H&S training onsite as required
- Provide Health and Safety advice and support to departments and Senior Management.
- Liaise with relevant Departments in order to ensure the site Emergency Response Plan and Business Continuity Plans are maintained and up to date
- Compile monthly Health & Safety Reports for Senior Management
- Provide expert EHS advice and guidance for new projects, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Manage the Liabilities Insurance programme (employer, public, and vehicle).
- To develop, implement and update environmental, health and safety polices procedures and manuals as required due to new practice or changes in legislation, best practice or legal advice
- Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- 1 years + experience within FMCG
- Experience advising management team on health and safety strategy
- Ability to manage change as directed by the company or legislation
- An excellent all-round communicator with robust team-working and networking skills, you have extensive knowledge of H&S.
- Proven track record in continuous improvement
- Excellent salary on offer
- Located in Dublin 22
- Opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Kaley Madden on 01 4505288.